Total Pageviews

Thursday 14 April 2016

Oh, Happy Days!

It's already more than a week since I turned 68 and my feet don't seem to have touched the ground yet. One of the more pleasant surprises was the arrival of a birthday card from Piotr Trumpiel in London. I suppose shouldn't I really have been surprised, as Piotr seems to have a knack of remembering such milestones.
I've spent much of the time since with my grand-daughter Ely Messenger, who is coming up for eight months, already mobile and full of "Barbarian" chat. What's more, she's into typewriters (although she hand-printed the card):
The rugby season is well under way, Ely's dad Danny has recovered from his broken jaw (suffered in rugby training in early March) and Ely has been casting an eye over her first match:
All of which has given Charlie the Typewriter Guard Cat some time to relax:

5 comments:

Piotr Trumpiel said...

I'm sure Ely took her typewriter to the match and typed a nice little piece. Like Grandfather like Granddaughter...

Bill M said...

Looks like your are enjoying 68. Nice family.

Richard P said...

Ely is a darling!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. put into their proper context toy typewriters can actually look good!

Unknown said...

Love this blog post - our Eleanor is definitely a Messenger with her interest in typewriters and rugby already!! from Emily